Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Put Me In The Zoo

Did you read this book when you were young?

I found a copy at a local thrift store lately and remembered how much I loved it as a child (although I had forgotten all about it until I saw it again!).  It's about a leopard who can do tricks with his spots, like turn them different colours and move them around.  In the end, it is decided he belongs in the circus, rather than the zoo, given his many and unusual talents.

The copy I found is rather decrepit looking.  The cover is a little grubby and the spine is falling apart.

That's okay, I still enjoyed reading through the story again.  The book itself may be a good candidate to be altered in some way eventually but for now, I can't quite bring myself to do anything to it.

Of course, I Googled it and in so doing, I found this blog where the woman made outfits for her kids to match the ones worn by the kids in the book - if you check it out, you'll get a peek at some of the story too!

No comments: