Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sing a Song, Journal a Page

The problem with waiting more than a week to post these pictures from the March Journal Junkies meeting is that already, I have forgotten who some of the pages belong to.  So apologies in advance to anyone who doesn't get the proper credit (please comment on this blog post or email me and I'll fix it right away).  The good news is I did take a few notes, which I'd written on the back of the receipt for the pizza I had for dinner that night, so hopefully that will help.

Diana did a Kate Bush song, "Running Up That Hill":

Kelly did "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles (I especially love the face in the jar, which of course was kept by the door):

and "Singing in the Rain":

This was one of our most fun meetings so far.  Probably because we sang through most of it.  Someone usually sang at least a line or two of every song that was featured on each journal page and I think we all sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen in its entirety! Unfortunately, I just can't remember who this beautiful page belongs to!

Laura did this "wordle", a collection of songs from concerts she has attended over the years:

and also this page:

featuring the song "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe ("I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning...").

The most hilarity came from one of Marilyn's pages (she did several, all of them pretty darned amazing) - here's Connie's reaction to the one I'm about to tell you about:

The song? Maybe you've heard it (I hadn't but I liked it, it has a real catchy tune), it goes like this:  "Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes, Long as I have my plastic Jesus, Riding on the dashboard of my car..."


Don't you just love her drawings?

If you feel the need to own your own dashboard Jesus bobblehead, just Google it - apparently they're available!

More pages tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lori Wostl said...

Wish, wish, wish I had some art groups around here - real life is so - uh - real! Lori W at Art Camp for Women