Friday, April 23, 2010

Doing Good Deeds

I am very lucky to be surrounded by people who like to do good deeds.


Like Stephanie and Deborah (shown with me in the photo above), who came out to Beadfx last night for the Corsage Project play date to make jewellery to donate. And while attendance was sparse last night, I am not discouraged because it just means people had other things going on and weren't able to make it. I know there are lots of beaders all over the city making jewellery who will be taking their creations in to Beadfx and Bead Junction in the next few days to ensure the girls have lots to choose from next week when the Boutique Ball takes place next Sunday, May 2nd.

Although that's not where the generosity ends. Stephanie very kindly made bird's nest rings using a big honking Swarovski crystal for each of Debra and myself as a thank you for coming out, isn't that wonderful? Thanks, Stephanie!!


I also work with a great group of community-minded people, many of whom came out today to take part in the 20 Minute Makeover held today to clean up Toronto. For 20 minutes on this sunny and cool spring afternoon, we picked up trash on the roadsides surrounding our office building. This year's most unusual found object was one wooden crutch, which we all thought was a vast improvement over the pair of underwear we found last year!!

Here's a picture of me and my friend Coretta bringing in our collected garbage (it was more than it seems, those blue bags were HUGE!)(photo by Kathy Segismundo).


Thanks to all who took part in these two worthwhile endeavours and who inspire me to be a better person.

No comments: